|November 23, 2012||Posted by Kurt "Telas" Schneider|
After consuming enough fried turkey to deliver 1,000 mg of tryptophan, some very excellent beer, some quite disappointing mead, and putting two over-tired kids to bed, there’s nothing more I like to do than to track down all the RPG sales for your viewing pleasure. Believe me, sleep is the furthest thing from my mind right now…
Ha-ha! Gotcha. But let’s keep this tradition going, if for no other reason than sheer momentum. It’s the day after Thanksgiving, and – trust me on this – you really, really don’t want to end up at a big box store, running the risk of getting shanked for last year’s TV.
So without further sleep-deprived prattle, here are a few of the sales going on today and this weekend. Unless noted, hyperlinks go directly to the sale page.
- As usual, DriveThruRPG will stop traffic with their extensive (but not expensive) value menu. While you’re there, check out their free stuff.
- Popular Pathfinder publisher Paizo is pushing some powerful, perennial promotions.
- RPG Shop a/k/a Game Universe has four pages of sales and clearance items, but you really should check out the Blood Energy Potion and the Zombie Jerky.
- You did know that Beautiful Brains (home page) is run by Jodi and Clint Black, right? Well, then you should know that the code “BlacksFriday!” will net you 20% off, now through Cyber Monday. Join their “Minions of the Brain” customer loyalty program while you’re there.
- Not only has Noble Knight been selected to be the Official Online Store of the Elder Society of Greybeards and Grognards*, they’re also having a pretty awesome sale. (* No, not really. I totally made that shit up.)
- Your Games Now has just that, at up to 50% (and more) off. Okay, if you want to be literal about it, they really don’t have your games, but they do have the ingredients (or as we say in Texas “fixins”) of your games. Some assembly required.
- Fantasy Flight Group (FFG) still hasn’t discounted the Battlestar Galactica board game, but they do have a frak-load of other games and accessories on sale.
- I’d be hung by the rafters if I didn’t mention our own little Black Friday sale. It’s not like Gnome rafters are high, but the crappy jute rope we use gives me a helluva rash.
That’s it for now, but I’m sure there’s more to come. Keep an eye on your preferred social media sources for more, and I’ll keep posting as sales crop up. Also, if you know of a cool sale, sound off in the comments and let us know!